Did somebody say "cake"?

So I did a birthday cake with marshmallow fondant. Let me tell you, I had fun beating it when I got pissed at it! LOL. I didn't have corn starch to put down so I use a light coating of Crisco. It made it to soft, and wouldn't work right. Very good stress relief!

Anyway, we bring the cake in the the boys dad is all "it looks awesome." "looks like it took forever" "it's very beautiful". Really over doing the compliments to the point that he was getting kinda creepy with them (he was in my class in HS...so he's already creepy but yeah...).


So, here is the cake...My shapes are not to great because I was free handing most of them and was in a hurry.




It was his 2nd birthday.


This is the stuff that I am going to have to keep practicing with. It was very easy to make! Just mini marshmallows and powdered sugar. It's very sweet!


I'm definitely going to try it again, and hopefully I will give myself more time than I did doing this one. We were an hour late showing up to the cookout that his cousin Amy had at her house the same day as the party. Hehe...oops. It's not like he does not make us late to things that I want to go to!


The hardest part of the cake was getting the blue fondant over the cake. My rolling pin was not a "normal" one, it was half the length and had a ball on one end and was rounded on the other. I don't know what it was used for.

This would be a nice little business to start up some day if I become good at it. Right now, it's just fun. I love creating things for other people. Normally I do holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas) at my grandparents. My grandma had me do 2 for her to take to church, then the church paid me to do 3 for them. I'm going to start doing them for my husbands family too. Can't cheat them out of the pretty cakes I do now can I?
Jeremy things it's crap that I won't make Maddie's birthday cake. I keep telling him that with all the things that I have to plan for the party (since he does not help) that making the
cake is one of the last things that I want to think about. I would rather buy the thing and only have to worry about when I will go get it. He just does not understand.
My only problem is that I don't have many opportunities to practice. Jer and I don't do cakes to often. My grandma said that she and dad would eat it and to bring it up there. Then mom said that she would take it to work and get their opinions. I might start doing that when we have a little bit of extra cash. That way also if they decide that they like it I might be able to do one for someone she works
with if they need a cake for something...Marketing! Yey mom!
**I had another picture of the cake on here but went to spell check and had a word not working right and deleted it and the whole picture deleted too...**

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home